Increased pollution is an unfortunate by-product of growth. It is in our collective interest to ensure that we control the pollution that is caused around us for sustainable development in the future.
IndiGo, in partnership with the Fair Climate Network (FCN), a consortium of NGOs committed to promoting simple measures that improve rural livelihoods and reduce carbon pollution, now offers its flyers and opportunity to voluntarily contribute Rs 100 (per PNR) towards this cause.
The revenue generated through this voluntary contribution will be used to support the implementation of climate friendly technologies like:
- Constructing domestic biogas units for poor women
- Providing fuel efficient woodstoves
- Installing photovoltaic lamps in un-electrified homes
- Setting up drinking water purification systems
- Undertake agro-forestry, sustainable and profitable farming practices, etc.
To start with, IndiGo has committed the funding for installation of 5000 biogas units as a part of this program.
This ground-breaking partnership will result in the following benefits:
- Reduce emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases that cause climate change
- Create a more positive economic & health impact for individuals and families across rural India.
- Improve indoor air quality and thus have a direct impact on the household health.
- Decrease the amount of water and fertilizer needed to grow the same crops while maintaining yield thereby reducing input costs, and improving the profitability for farmers.
This partnership has been facilitated by Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), a science and economics based global NGO that harnesses the power of policy frameworks and markets to deliver sound environmental outcomes.
Watch this space for regular updates on the progress of the program!
- The amount of contribution is Rs. 100 per booking (PNR).
- This is a non-refundable contribution.
- This contribution is a pre-selected option on the IndiGo website. In case you do not wish to contribute, kindly check the 'No. Thank you.' option.
- You need to confirm that you are an Indian national to make this contribution. As per Government of India rules, foreign nationals are not allowed to make this contribution.
- The contribution will feature as 'Clean The Air' on the itinerary/ invoice.